Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 7-8 Data Search Maps

Over the last several weeks we learned how to search for and download datasets from various online loctions. For this mid-term project, I created 3 seperate maps by using FGDL and LABINS primarily as my data source. I was assigned Lee County, FL for my project and I was able to find various natural resource data depicting invasive species plants, hydrography, major roads, parks, cities and public lands. My first map below rerpresents these map and data elements with a smaller inset showing the location of Lee County relative to the state of Florida.



My second and third maps to follow show a Digital Elevation Model (DEM) of Lee County and an aerial photograph of a USGS NE quadrangle - Captiva in Lee County. I was not able to put all three maps together this time around but felt I learned a great deal. It feels as if all the topics are starting to come together and make some sense. I need and want more time to become more familiar with how to create better, more comprehenisve maps but am pleased I was at least able to produce this on time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment